Bartolo Colon replacement

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Spread da wealth
Major League Veteran

Bartolo Colon replacement

#1 Post by Spread da wealth »

Looks like Bartolo's headed for the DL, so I'm looking for a replacement in my AL-only 4x4. I'm currently first in wins, ERA and WHIP, but fourth and falling in saves. Starters and next in line closers are pretty picked over . . . what can anybody tell me about Oakland's Moscoso? He's got the highest MB value for a FA SP. The best available relievers seem to be Benoit and Downs. Thanks for any thoughts on these three.

Captain Hook

Re: Bartolo Colon replacement

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I would definitely grab Moscoso (he is already rostered in most AL only leagues) - he has a nice home start this week against the light hitting Giants

Benoit has been pitching better lately but both he and Downs are fine as temporary subs to get strikeouts and the occasional W

Trav The Ump

#3 Post by Trav The Ump »

Take a quick scan if Jesse Crain is still available, good peripherals and did pickup a save last night.

Spread da wealth
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by Spread da wealth »

Yes, Crain is available and apparently part of a committee of sorts with Santos struggling lately. Thanks.