captain's top prospects

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
yankee7

captain's top prospects

#1 Post by yankee7 »

Just my two cents...

I would add Manny Banuelos to your list. Colon and/or Garcia will not survive June. And Hughes' physical condition is a major question mark.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: captain's top prospects

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Which list?

Banuelos is on Perry's top 109 list.

That said, strictly reading the numbers, IF the Yankees go in that directions Delin Betances looks to be a better option, at least presently. Betances is a little older and has a much better K/BB than Banuelos. Again. this is looking myopically at just the year to date Double-A stats.

Doing the rest of year Yankee projections, they are short at least 100 IP. Whether these come from Betances, Banuelos or from someone outside of the organization I cannot tell you. I just know there will not come from what is on the club now.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

yankee7 wrote:Just my two cents...

I would add Manny Banuelos to your list. Colon and/or Garcia will not survive June. And Hughes' physical condition is a major question mark.
I am Very High on Banuelos - BUT keep in mind the list - I am assuming you are referring to today's Captain's Log - is highly based on those being called up BEFORE Banuelos or Detances

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Todd Zola wrote:Which list?
Captain Hook wrote: I am assuming you are referring to today's Captain's Log
oh, that list, sorry :oops:
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

cwk1963

#5 Post by cwk1963 »

The Yankees still have Carlos Silva and would give him a shot before either of the rookies.