TRADE ADVICE LILLY/MCGAHEE/ZITO/KOUZMANOFF

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
daweasle
Major League Veteran

TRADE ADVICE LILLY/MCGAHEE/ZITO/KOUZMANOFF

#1 Post by daweasle »

OK I HAVE A MINIMAL THIRD BASEMAN AND I GOT AN OFFER FOR KOUZMANOFF I THINK HE'S A NICE UPGRADE OVER MCGAHEE SINCE MCGAHEE COULD LOSE AT BATS TO GAMEL WHEN HE'S HEALTHY

ANOTHER OPTIONWOULD BE TO REJECT THE TRADE AND ADD ANDY LAROCHE (BUT HE WILL LOSE ABS TO ALVAREZ IN MAY JUNE)

HERE'S THE TEAM - 16 TEAM MIXED LEAGUE

MY CURRENT ROSTER
C VMART
1B LONEY
2B UTLEY
3B MCGAHEE
SS YUNEL E
MI UGGLA
CI SWISHER
OF BJ UPTON
OF MATT HOLIDAY
OF CHRIS YOUNG
OF JD DREW
UT MATSUI HIDEKI
UT RANDY RUIZ

PITCHERS
D Lowe J Jurgens Shields Correia
Sheets Lilly Arroyo Marcum

HERE'S THE TRADE

I GIVE LILLY AND MCGAHEE
I GET KOUZMANOFF AND ZITO

CommishWSFBL

Re: TRADE ADVICE LILLY/MCGAHEE/ZITO/KOUZMANOFF

#2 Post by CommishWSFBL »

Sorry I think you getting worse than you're giving on both sides -

A healthy Lilly is better than Zito.
And McGehee did pretty well in Milwaukee last year. Kouzmanoff is going to a big stadium and a so-so offense in Oakland. Acquiring Kouz might be better for your offense over the full season but not enough to deal Lilly.

You must consider the SF offense when you think about Zito.

I'd offer Correia rather than Lilly.

daweasle
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by daweasle »

i tried offering arroyo guy hasn't answered yet.

i like correia alot this year he is in my top five on my staff (in my opinion)

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Kouz goes from one tough park to hit in to another ...I don't find him all that attractive ... but why do you believe Alvarez will be up by June?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

AllstonRockCity

#5 Post by AllstonRockCity »

da_big_kid_94 wrote: ... but why do you believe Alvarez will be up by June?
I second that emotion. I don't understand where all this comes from. LaRoche is only 27 himself. Why would the Bucs start Avlarez's clock when they have someone cheap under contract already. LaRoche is a former top prospect himself. I don't think he's a star, but league average production at 3B would not shock me at all from LaRoche this year. And wouldn't league average be a good goal for PIT this year? ;)

Disagree on the Kouz part though, I think he rakes in Oaktown this year. 270 25ishHR 85/85 type numbers. not too shabby at all IMHO

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

FWIW, several of the news cites have speculated that Alvarez will be up in a couple of months, but there is no mention of that in the referenced piece that announces he was sent down, so unless I have missed a report which is entirely possible, it is just speculation on the part of www.rotofillintheblank.com.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

daweasle
Major League Veteran

#7 Post by daweasle »

OK - so Todd - would you accept the trade?

mcgehee for kouz

(and then what about the throw in part lilly vs zito vs arroyo)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

daweasle wrote:OK - so Todd - would you accept the trade?

mcgehee for kouz

(and then what about the throw in part lilly vs zito vs arroyo)
With the standard disclaimer than context is everything, I likely would as I am not a McGehee believer.

I hear what dbk is saying with respect to Kouz, expectations need to be tempered, but even with that, I favor him over McGehee.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

rotodog

#9 Post by rotodog »

Your Mixed league pitching staff is lacking already....Sending lily out will hurt it further as a healthy Lilly is possibly the ace of your staff.. I dont have any love for mcghee either....Kouz would be a much better upgrade IMO if you can send another pitcher from your team instead of Lilly..

One more thing..Zito has left a bad taste in peoples mouths...But for some reason, i see a bounceback from him for various reasons.... he justs looks better this spring to me and he has changed his pitching mix a bit... he mixed in a slider at some point last season that was an extremely effective pitch.iI think the Slider made his 12-6 Curve a legit weapon again to offset his crappy fastball..... velocity also started to jump last year..I remember reading somewhere that he gained a couple MPH on a couple of his pitches..

he raised his K rate considerably..back to Oakland A's levels and his ctr returned toward earlier career norms....

Im not saying he is a stud, but it would not surprise me in the least to see him psot a sub 4 ERA and have acceptable ratios and rate stats..... There, I said it...

That said, I dont think Zito is all that bad a play in 2010 for what it will cost to add him to your back end....Suggest a crappier pitcher with Casey and take Kouz and Zito and be happy all season...