Subscription pricing

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

Subscription pricing

#1 Post by alleyoops »

Can't find an appropriate forum for this, so please move whereever.

Noticed the platinum subscription is now available. Thanks for offering the discount, but still pricy for me. Do you have a description of what will be included? Will there be another level between Platinum and free, and if so, what will it include and what will be the price?

Hope you decide to keep free forums around, for us cheapskates. :-)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Subscription pricing

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

We are working through a couple of back-end issues with the purchase mechanism now. The description of the product can be found under the main menu link on the right, under your log-in.

The forums will always remain free, as will the blog. We will also be providing some content for CREATiVE SPORTS, mlb.com and SI.com. If things flesh out as we hope, we will also be offering a free opt-in nightly newsletter.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

cwk1963

#3 Post by cwk1963 »

Todd Zola wrote:We are working through a couple of back-end issues with the purchase mechanism now. The description of the product can be found under the main menu link on the right, under your log-in.

The forums will always remain free, as will the blog. We will also be providing some content for CREATiVE SPORTS, mlb.com and SI.com. If things flesh out as we hope, we will also be offering a free opt-in nightly newsletter.
OK good. So it's not my new upgraded computer at work. If so, I'd have to go back to the old clunker.

JP Kastner

#4 Post by JP Kastner »

That is why we call it a beta test! :lol:

The problem is with the coupons. Using the coupon resets the discount to $0 and tells you that you cannot use it again. I have an e-mail to the vendor. I can see that other people have had similar problems on their forum and they have a private conversation with that customer.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#5 Post by viper »

also waiting for something other than paypal. had it once and after account was hacked, I swore off it
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

JP Kastner

#6 Post by JP Kastner »

I have solved the problem and it should work.

JP

JP Kastner

#7 Post by JP Kastner »

We are working on a second payment solution. From a technical standpoint, PayPal is simple. Using a credit card service is complicated. We will be working on that next now that hopefully the PayPal solution is working.

cwk1963

#8 Post by cwk1963 »

I go to the Subscription Plan and at the bottom there's a link in red that says PURCHASE HERE. I click it and it takes me to a page that says available plans and it's listed there for $34.95 but nothing to click on to buy it.

EDIT - OK, fixed. You have to be logged in on the Mastersball page for it to work right. Not just logged in on the forum page.

msugray

#9 Post by msugray »

My payment seemed to go through trouble free through Paypal.

Just responding since bugs are being worked out.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Todd Zola »

So everyone knows, we will soon have a mechanism to purchase if you do not have PayPal. The plan is to have it available before the introductory $10 savings expires. If this ends up not happening, you will still be given a $10 discount, please hang in with us a couple days, we hope to have this cleared up soon.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

cwk1963

#11 Post by cwk1963 »

Worked fine. Got my email confirmations.

Hambowen

#12 Post by Hambowen »

Worked fine.

ayebatter

#13 Post by ayebatter »

All Okey Doke here.

uharchmajor

#14 Post by uharchmajor »

for all those saying it worked fine, you have paypal right?

I do not and am thinking about signing up.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Todd Zola »

We will soon have an alternate mechanism for those that do not use paypal. It takes a little longer to get set up, but we are working on it.

If anyone is sure they want to purchase the Platinum Package but does not want to use Paypal, please let me know, I can get you set up, then when we have the option in place, you can submit the present $24.95 discounted price. In order to get the $10 off, please let me know by Sunday night. After that, we will have a $5 promo code available.

cwk1963

#16 Post by cwk1963 »

uharchmajor wrote:for all those saying it worked fine, you have paypal right?

I do not and am thinking about signing up.
I do not have PayPal and it worked fine.

Captain Crunch

#17 Post by Captain Crunch »

Signed up Tuesday night through PayPal without any difficulties, but received the following e-mail message:

"Your subscription Platinum Plan 2009 on Mastersball has been created but did not activate automatically. The site administrator has been alerted."

Haven't heard anything yet. No panic. Just wondering.

Thanks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Todd Zola »

Captain Crunch -- Checking into it...

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#19 Post by viper »

how did cwk sign up WITHOUT using paypal? I am confused
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

cwk1963

#20 Post by cwk1963 »

viper wrote:how did cwk sign up WITHOUT using paypal? I am confused
I used PayPal but I don't have an account with them. Just use a cc without keeping one on file with them.

babl

#21 Post by babl »

did the same as cwk1963 and worked perf.

viper
Hall of Famer

#22 Post by viper »

ditto here. Apparently paypal has expended quite a bit.

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer