Prospects in the Projections

A board to test all the settings...
WillRoy
Major League All-Star

Prospects in the Projections

#1 Post by WillRoy »

Just out of curiosity, I noticed many possible prospects were left out of the projections list for hitters/pitchers.

This is Okay, I was just wondering why and if they will be in the final version.

Oh and when do you expect Lawr's top 250 list? Really looking forward to that! I'm a big fan of MILB.
Storrs City Chess Company

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Prospects in the Projections

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Once we are confident a player, be it a prospect or a veteran, will get playing time, we will add him to the set. We should have some pieces talking about specific situations soon.

That said, our database has a transalted projection for everyone that played in Double-A or higher, so later in the spring, if we are not projecting someone, we may be able to give an "off-the-record" projection if asked.

We will also talk about this closer to auctions/drafts, but including prospects likely to be called up in mid-season can skew a projection sets' values if they are not eligible to be picked up in the draft/auction. Details on how to handle that will come.

As for the top-250, it is being featured in one of the industry trade mags and its release will coincide with the mag hitting the shelves, likely early January.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

WillRoy
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by WillRoy »

Then as a follow-up, once the top 250 list is out, will the author be available to take any questions/queries on specific prospects featured on it? :mrgreen:

Thanks!
Storrs City Chess Company

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

I'll let the author, my long-time friend and now partner Lawr speak for himself, but it is a very objective, numbers driven list which makes it very interesting as it usually looks a bit different than what you might find elsewhere. Historically, I have found it most helpful as a means to get some of the younger guys on my radar.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord