Keepers due this Sat

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Keepers due this Sat

#1 Post by CubFan »

12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H. Only 1 catcher. Can keep 5-8 players. $260 draft day team salary. Typically 30-35% inflation first half of draft. After trading for Pablo Lopez $20 (per one of your previous suggestions traded one of my closers) and Torres $25 (traded Garver) my keepers are now:

1B-Torkelson $6
2B-Torres $25
SS-Story $13
3B-Royce Lewis $2
OF-Ward $7
OF-Jarren Duran $11
SP1- Lopez $20
CL-Fairbanks $6

Except for Semien and Polanco all of the top 10 2B were protected hence the trade for Torres who is undervalued with our league inflation. And I prefer to anchor my SP with an ace hence the trade of Duran for Lopez (he's also undervalued as aces will go for $30+ especially with the Cole news).

However, am wondering your thoughts on trading Duran for MJ Melendez $12 or Yordan $44? Duran's 2023 season (OBP and SBs) was fueled by his .381 BABIP which to me is unsustainable. Plus he's said even though his toe is fully healed he'll have to manage the pain he's still experiencing. So far his ST has not inspired much confidence in me. I'll lose a chunk of SBs but he has to get on base first. If I trade for Yordan as long as he stays relatively healthy he'll anchor 4 of the 5 offensive categories. However, I'll end up sitting out much of the first half of the draft as the high priced players will be beyond my reach.

One other trade possibility....trade Torkelson for Yandy Diaz $9. Is Tork's pedigree and power breakout last season sustainable? Diaz had a number of minor soft tissue injuries he played thru and also think his power regresses some.

Finally could drop Duran altogether and buy Melendez as his owner will trade for some FAAB.

Appreciate any of your thoughts.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -