Trade this year affects 2024 keepers

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Trade this year affects 2024 keepers

#1 Post by CubFan »

12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H. $260 draft day team salary. 25-35% inflation. Extensions are $5/year after first two years with a max of 3 years of extension.

An owner has had too many injuries (Trout the latest) and can no longer compete for playoffs. He is making Gilbert (rental for this year), Suraez $19 (likely goes back into the draft) Jarren Duran $11 available. He's interested in my $13 Story, $4 Brandon Lowe, Verdugo $16 and Judge $40 (Needs an extension). Of my four which two would you prefer to hold on to for 2024 and the other two make available in trade? BTW, I'm also playing for this year. Judge having no timetable for a return makes it difficult to hold on to. Even if he returns I highly expect his toe to affect his power. Not sure I'd extend him for a year at $45 next season due to his injury issues.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade this year affects 2024 keepers

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Inflation isn't linear, so I don't know about the prices, but I prefer to avoid health risks as keepers, so my lean is dealing Lowe and Judge. That said, the chief objective is fortifying this season and not worrying about next year, so I'd favor the deal I felt most improves my chances.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Re: Trade this year affects 2024 keepers

#3 Post by CubFan »

Thanks for your input. Those were the two I was leaning on trading. Since Suarez and Gilbert are non-keepers it's just a matter if I can get him to add Duran. May have to add Reese Olson $2 who is Detroits 12th rated prospect. He's done well since being brought up but was a bit wild in the minors.

As for prices a healthy Judge would go for $50+ but that health issue will keep him in the 40s. Lowe at $4 will depend on how he does ros. If he's Lowe of the a couple years back or the first 3 weeks he's $20+. My major concern is he's had multiple back issues over the past few years and as you know back issues can become chronic and that may be where he is headed.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -