top Nats [prospects

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Boye

top Nats [prospects

#1 Post by Boye »

Just got into a dynasty league and I got the Nats as my team. We get to keep 5 minor league players to start with, wondering if anyone has info on some of there top prospects.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Re: top Nats [prospects

#2 Post by viper »

My condolences at acquiring the Nats. I do actually follow them being a Northern Virginian in a group with season's tickets. I'm sure Todd can provide the answer you want but here are a few that may be on his lists. Some of these guys may have been up for a while this season but realistically they are minor leaguers.

Here is a link to the Nats farm page:
http://natsfarm.com/

The NFA Big Board [all players in their system] spreadsheet is here and can be found on that page:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html

Stephen Strasberg is obvious.
Drew Storen will be their closer in 2011 and maybe 2010.
Shairon Martis is likely of value in 2011
I prefer JD Martin to Detwiler as an eventual starter

They may draft Bryce Harper next year.

Their current position players in the minors are not too good.
I'm not sure if they have any AAA players of value.
In AA, the interesting ones is Marrero - interesting not necessarily good
In high-A is Burgess

Ian Desmond is up right now but I don't know much about him and I don't think he is that highly touted.

The Nats have pretty much drafted pitchers high in their latest three years. Only Jordan Zimmermann appears to be a 1 or 2 type SP and he came up early this year. If he qualifies in your league, he is a keeper.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Boye

Re: top Nats [prospects

#3 Post by Boye »

Thanks for the help. I am huge baseball fan but don't know much about the Nats minor league system at all. Looks like the 5 keepers to go with would be:

Strasburg
Storen
Marrero
Burgess
Martis

Hope this looks about right I will need to draft well in minor league draft and then the major draft after that and then begin to rebuild. Should be a fun challenge something worth giving a shot. Any more advice is welcome like I said not much info on Nats for me