Rookie pitchers

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Rookie pitchers

#1 Post by CubFan »

How risk averse are you when it comes to picking up top end minor league SPs when they get called up? I typically steer away from as they usually are like a cherry bomb as well as IP limits. Taj Bradley is back in the Rays rotation and has looked very good so far and easily could stay up for the rest of the season with Springs out for the year. Plus he's pitching for a very good Rays team. You like what you've seen? What kind of expectations do you have?

I'm in a 12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league using W+QS. My SPs are Gausman, Lynn, Ryan, Jon Gray and Tyler Wells. I typically go with 5 SPs. I'd probably stream him and sit Wells or Lynn. Wait for Lynn to stabilize. I've got 74% of FAAB left. Would you go after him aggressively?
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Rookie pitchers

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I don't use a one size fits all approach. Taj Bradley certainly checks the right boxes. For this season, I'd prefer Bradley over Mason Miller and Brayan Bello for this season (not suggesting they're available, just framing things). If part of my plan was upgrading pitching through FAAB, Bradley is likely going to be as good as it gets.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord