He's baaaack......Kelenic

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

He's baaaack......Kelenic

#1 Post by CubFan »

Is he worth throwing a couple of FAAB $$ at in a 12 team AL only H2H keeper league? I've got $16 of 100 FAAB left. I think this is his third time being called up. Clock seems to be ticking for his time in Seattle. Am wondering if he's more of a quad A type player.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: He's baaaack......Kelenic

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

He turned 23 two weeks ago.

His first shot came at 21 years old, following a year with no minor league play.

I can't say whether to bid, but I can suggest cease from wondering if he's a Quad-A guy.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

#3 Post by Tampa Bob »

Hey, Cubfan. I like Kelenic but their outfield is going to be crowded soon. Keeping him at our auction was one of my many mistakes this year. I REALLY like him next year though.

A question I am asking myself is who will pick up the saves in Baltimore. If it's a single closer that's the guy I'm looking for. Of course, my league is vastly different than yours.

Good luck, my man.

TB
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
CR: E. Duran - $1, UT: J. Westberg - N/A
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

RP: K. Jansen - $23, C. Holmes - $27.
Minors: G. Rodriguez, A. Volpe, K. Manzardo, B. Lee, C. DeLauter

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Tampa Bob wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 2:14 pm

A question I am asking myself is who will pick up the saves in Baltimore. If it's a single closer that's the guy I'm looking for.
Stop asking, the answer is Felix Bautista.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord