Tweaking my roster

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Tweaking my roster

#1 Post by CubFan »

12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league using OBP. $16 of $110 FAAB left. With so little left of FAAB I'll most likely be shut out of any decent players coming over from the NL. $310 in-season salary cap

Current roster:
C- Jansen
1B/3B - Vlad, Josh Smith, Carpenter
2B/SS - LeMathieu, Bichette, Bogaerts
OF - Mountcastle, Greene,, Mullins, Verdugo, Kiriloff
UT - Pena

SP - Ray, Gausman, Jon Gray, Kluber, Sandoval (streamer)
RP - Adam, Bautista, Castillo, Duran
Bench - Garver, Bolt, Cionel Perez, T Clarke

Have a $5-6 bid in for Prato. Would replace Smith with him. Would need to drop Bolt and one of Garver, Clarke or Perez to get under salary cap. Taylor Trammell available. Bolt has scorched AAA pitching 2 years running but he's old for the league. Hasn't translated to MLB. He does have some pop and SB. Trammell younger and has pop and speed but may have "injury bug" label. He's close to a rehab assignment but will there be any pt for him? Who do you like between Bolt and Trammell for this year? Hard to say about next year as there may be a logjam in Seattle OF.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Tweaking my roster

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Not a fan of Trammell or Bolt, but I guess I'd rather see what Bolt can do.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

mwb1063
Double-A

Re: Tweaking my roster-Josh Smith for 2023

#3 Post by mwb1063 »

Good morning Everyone. Doesn't Josh Smith qualify at both 3B and OF for 2023 Drafts?? I apologize if this has been asked and answered but this is the only message I see re search on Josh Smith.
Thank you!
Mike

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Tweaking my roster-Josh Smith for 2023

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

mwb1063 wrote: February 27th, 2023, 6:55 am Good morning Everyone. Doesn't Josh Smith qualify at both 3B and OF for 2023 Drafts?? I apologize if this has been asked and answered but this is the only message I see re search on Josh Smith.
Thank you!
Mike
I mean, you could have started another thread and not called up an old one ;)

Josh H. Smith is 3BOF, I need to change my file.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord