Riley Greene

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Riley Greene

#1 Post by CubFan »

He's available via FAAB tonight. 12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league using OBP. How hard would you go after him? Have 51 of 100 units left. My OFers are Oscar Gonzalez, Gallo, Mullins, Larnach, Kiermaeir. Going to activate Kiriloff. Will be dropping Kevin Smith and moving Pena to bench. Kiriloff can be either moved to CM or UT. If I get Greene he can go to UT or move Ofer to bench (Larnach, Gallo?). Need to activate Candelario as well and he could go to CM, Kiriloff to UT and Greene for one of the other OFers.

Would you go all in and throw say 30+ units at him?
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Riley Greene

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

How much FAAB is not a question I can answer -- too many nuances.

He could be one of the last possible difference makers in AL only, by bid would reflect my level of need. I like to estimate how much, an average, I'll need per week (say 2 units for 14 more weeks, making up numbers). My bid would leave me at least 28 units.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#3 Post by CubFan »

FWIW, I ended up getting him for 26 units. I have 24 units left. The under bidder is very interested in trading for him. He seems to be willing to part with Gilbert $9 (but will need to be extended next year) or Pivetta $1. Both have been throwing well this season.

If I were to trade Greene for one of these SPs that would give me a rotation of Gausman, Pivetta or Gilbert, Ray, Sandoval and Blackburn. Pretty decent if they all pitch to their potential. I do have Winder on my bench but there is some question as to whether he'll be going back into the rotation plus his shoulder issue this year is very similar to last seasons. My OF would then be Mullins, Oscar Gonzalez, Gallo, Kiermaier and Larnach. Not exactly a killer OF. If I keep Greene he may help in all 5 categories. I have Haniger on my reserve bench and I'll activate him when he returns. I have Vlad, Bichette, Odor, Josh Smith, Bogaerts, Stassi and Pena when he comes off the IL to round off my offense.

1. Do you have a preference between Pivetta and Gilbert?
2. Does holding onto Greene give me a better chance to compete or does my offense look strong enough without him and add the SP?
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

1. Slight lean to Gilbert.

2. Not a question I can answer. Too many factors for which I am not privy. Not to mention, too much can happen in the next 95-100 games to know.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord