Pitching matchups this week

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Pitching matchups this week

#1 Post by CubFan »

12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league using W+QS and H+S. Flexen has 2 starts (against Philly @ home and @ Mets), Blackburn has 2 starts (@ Det and at home against LAA). Flexen has been getting QS while Blackburn has been 5 and dive but has 3 wins. I have Kikuchi on the bench. He threw great against the Yankees but gets them again. As we talked last week he changed his mechanics and pitch types. As not stands now I have 7 starts. My opponent has 9 starts (3 are going twice).

So, stick with my current setup of 7 starts or go with Kikuchi and 6 starts? I could add Kikuchi and drop a RP. My RPs are Loasiaga, Duran, Foster and J Barlow. My opponents RPs are Diekman, Pressly and Sewald. If I max out SP I may be risking ratios and don't necessarily win W+QS and Ks. And if I go with fewer starts I still could lose ratios given I'm playing the Mets, LAA and Yankees.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Pitching matchups this week

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I'm providing daily and weekly subscriber content for this intended purpose. To respect those with the in-season service, I'm not comfortable continuing to address questions of this nature, especially since the reply will almost always be whatever is best for your matchup.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by CubFan »

Understood. But am left wondering why you have "Team Management Advice" listed as a valid discussion board for anyone to ask player questions on. Or am I not understanding what can and can't be asked?

C - Garver $4
UT -
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Questions can be asked, but my promised response applies to the subscriber section. I am offering a new subscriber feature this year with expanded weekly and daily rankings and have decided to respect those continuing to subscribe in-season and not give away content for which others are paying.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by CubFan »

OK, but you have a contradiction in what you list as being valid questions to ask under this section "Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition." I've been a long time paying subscriber to your services and have much appreciated your timely answers to my many questions. This year I opted not to pay for the Platinum due to the unknown if/when MLB would have a season and went with the Gold. I do understand your reasoning so maybe you could change the wording of what you'll allow so as not to confuse anyone. Thanks.

C - Garver $4
UT -
Bench -