CVRC questions

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

CVRC questions

#1 Post by alleyoops »

I used CVRC for my auctions before the start of the season, and it worked great. I'd like to download the most recent content (4/8, or a later version if one comes out) to use as a basis for FAAB adds early in the season.

For the auctions, I used Apache Open Office calc. There were a couple of suspect things (I know it's not supported), but the calculated values were realistic, within the context of my leagues (12 team mixed 5x5 with some different categories). I installed MS Office yesterday and tried downloading the 4/8 versions, changing the setup, and calculating values. I had a couple of problems:

1. On the hitting, the values of the top hitters are very high (Soto 152) and the low hitters very low (negative for guys who were drafted - e.g. Tim Anderson -12). I think I used the same setup as previously.

2. On the pitching, the values are reasonable. When I open it, it asks if I want to Update 2022PitNeuts.xlsx. If I say yes, it asks for my MS login. When I put that in, it says access denied, and says it can't find the file on https://d.docs.live.net. Also, the text for the K/9 baseline is blank.

I'm wondering if maybe I have a bad version of Excel, or if these are problems in CVRC or how I set it up.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CVRC questions

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

#1 - has to be the setting, I'll check what you sent, with the caveat it is designed for Excel, and sometimes when it's run on other platforms, some of the formulas aren't recognized, and/or aren't treated the same.

#2 - I must not have converted all the formulas to hard text - that's the error message. I post CVRC in season with updates, so hopefully this won't be an issue in season.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

Re: CVRC questions

#3 Post by alleyoops »

Thanks. The change to the setup that you suggested worked for the hitters.