Tweaking the CVRC for a 6x6 league

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
Misterstuf
Rookie

Tweaking the CVRC for a 6x6 league

#1 Post by Misterstuf »

I'm running into a slight issue maximizing the usefulness of the CVRCs to my particular league.
My league is a 12 team 6x6 league.

Our categories are
HITTERS: OBP, HR, RBI, Runs scored, SB, Batter K
PITCHERS: ERA, WHIP, Pitcher K, Wins, Saves, Holds

The standard categories included in the CVRC slightly overvalue players who strike out a lot and majorly undervalue middle relievers as compared to closers.

I can probably change SV into SV + HLD to account for that on the pitcher side (as a newbie to this product, I might need a bit of help on where to adjust those numbers on which tab of the spreadsheet), but I'm not sure the best way to account for Batter K in a 5x5 setup.

Any suggestions for the best way to account for this, and also how to adjust the information in the spreadsheet would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Tweaking the CVRC for a 6x6 league

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

This link will work you through changing saves to saves + holds (the best workaround for your league).

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8144

Strikeouts are tougher. The negative aspect of the category is an issue unto itself. Using contact rate (AB-K)/AB is a decent proxy.

It's a little work, but running the numbers using OBP, then running them using CT and averaging the two sets could work. Here is how to use CT as a proxy.

In cell S2 (BA column), type =(G2-P2)/G2

Fill that down to the end

Run the numbers with the setting at BA

Average this set of prices with those using OBP.

If you need help with averaging, let me know. Let's first confirm you can generate the CT prices.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord