Google Spreadsheet Recommendation

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Google Spreadsheet Recommendation

#1 Post by viper »

If you are in a slow draft, the Google spreadsheet is an unbelievable tool. The updating after a pick is a bit slow but Todd said as much in his video. There are a few cosmetic glitches when you enter something at the wrong place but there are easy workarounds. I find the most useful list to be the AVAILABLE tab. Sure, you can do this yourself but the ease of a glance at the remaining field is so easy this way. Real-time standings are nice but they are skewed until the draft is completed - still I look at them after each completed round. You should have a test run or two prior to your real draft but for slow draft, this is really great. Using it at an 60-second-a-pick NFBC style draft would require a separate person to enter data - and he would be very busy. For what it's worth, I wholeheartedly recommend its use.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer