CVRC - stars and scrubs

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

CVRC - stars and scrubs

#1 Post by alleyoops »

I really like the CVRC tool and am using it in my slow auctions that are going on now. One question, or request: can you add another column to skew the values more toward what are likely to be actual bid prices? In our 12 mixed auctions, many/most teams take a stars and scrubs approach. I suspect that the VALUE column in CVRC is a true value. This is very useful in comparing players, and to some extent spotting ones that are being over or underbid. But in the actual auction, most of the studs will go for well above the VALUE column, and there will be many guys sold at $1 with values as high as $10 or $12. This is workable as is, but it might be useful to have another column that steepens the curve on both ends, to more closely reflect the actual prices that will be paid, or need to be paid to get the players.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CVRC - stars and scrubs

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Sorry, but that's an adjustment you need to make intuitively. Each league's dynamics are different -- the CVRC offers a guide.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord