adding and removing players from Google Spreadsheet

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

adding and removing players from Google Spreadsheet

#1 Post by viper »

I want to remove Bauer from my personalized list of Pitchers and add Adley Rutschman to my hitters list. The video didn't say how. The "File, Edit ... Help" line didn't have an intuitively obvious area to click on. How can I do this?
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: adding and removing players from Google Spreadsheet

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Re: Bauer - In the cell with the name, hit backspace, then click the cursor in any other cell and it's cleared. You can do this across to Column L, or highlight the row to column L, then fill right (CTRL R).

Re: Rutschman - Just type in his name and stats in the first empty row.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#3 Post by viper »

Worked as advertised. An oddity did occur. There is a open row in the Pitchers tab where Bauer used to be as I expected. Can that open hole be eliminated? Also, can Adley get sorted alphabetically where he belong rather than being the list's anchorman?
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

The blank row in pitchers does not matter, the rest of the features are not affected.

There is no need to sort the hitters alphabetically, assuming you mimicked the format (Last, First- Team), there is internal coding that alphabetizes the list for the rest of the displays.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

viper
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by viper »

The issue would be once the players and owners settle. Every players numbers will be changed a lot. For pitchers the impact cold be significant because those pitcher son inning counts will have basically the same stats (like Ks) while guys like Cole will have greatly reduced Ks. Since I am using my own stats, the "drop and replace" I need to do will have to be adjusted with spaces and at least one player out of order. I can do it but if the players were sorted, it would be easier.

I did see and the other list were properly impacted and Adley was properly inserted in the the Catcher list and he was correctly alphabetized in the AVAILABLE list.

Thanks for the help

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

Seems like it would be easier to just paste in a new set of players and numbers from Excel when you update. That said, you can highlight the specific area, go to Data -> Sort Range -> Sort A to Z

If it looks wonky, Just hit CTRL Z to restore to the previous page