Fantrax Best Ball Tracker

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
Sowa
Low-A

Fantrax Best Ball Tracker

#1 Post by Sowa »

Does the best ball Excel tracker show projected standings/total points for the different teams as the picks are input? I don't see them anywhere but want to make sure I'm not missing it. Also, what is the difference between the Raw and Adjusted point projections?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Fantrax Best Ball Tracker

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

No, I don't track points on any of the Best Ball trackers. I just don't see the need since the strategy is maximizing weekly lineup spots and it can't capture two start pitchers, or weeks when your Rockies hitter is at home, etc. That is, doing so and drafting players to "win the standings" could be detrimental to constructing a team to win the league.

RAW is the actual number of points each player tallies.

ADJUSTED accounts for the replacement level at each position. I have pieces discussing this archived, if you want to check them out, let me know and I'll dig up the links.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Sowa
Low-A

#3 Post by Sowa »

That explanation makes perfect sense. Thanks. If not too much trouble to dig up the pieces on the replacement level, that would be great. I'd love to give them a read.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Below is the most recent. There are more (most repeat the same ideas) in Z Files Archives. Click the Z Files Archive link, search for "points" and check out anything with an interesting title

https://mastersball.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=18
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Sowa
Low-A

#5 Post by Sowa »

Much appreciated. Thanks!