James Kaprielian

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
RandallJay34
Triple-A
Preferred Style: H2H Points, 5x5

James Kaprielian

#1 Post by RandallJay34 »

Need another opinion if I should start James tonight vs the White Sox. It's a H2H points league. 8 for a W, 6 for a QS, 1 for each out, 3 for a K, -3 for a walk, -1 for a hit, -6.5 for HR allowed and -4 for a Loss. I'm leaning towards no due to the fact he has struggled lately and the Sox have a lot of power in the lineup. Thanks, Todd

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: James Kaprielian

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Is there an innings or games started limit or are you worried about a negative score?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

RandallJay34
Triple-A

#3 Post by RandallJay34 »

Mostly a negative score. I've been going back and forth with it. 15 starts per week. I'm likely to start him this weekend against the Rangers. That would put me at 13 starts this week. Just was looking for your opinion on it. The positive is the Sox are starting Lambert tonight, so the possibility of a W from James increases tonight.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

For me it's all about the 15-game limit as he's risky. I'd rather find a more efficient option if it costs me a start, but with no limit, I'm more likely to roll the dice since it takes a real disaster to score negative (giving up multiple homers).
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

RandallJay34
Triple-A

#5 Post by RandallJay34 »

Thanks, I'll likely stick to my gut and leave him on the bench.