Trade or Stand?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
onejayhawk
Major Leaguer

Trade or Stand?

#1 Post by onejayhawk »

In my 16 team H2H league, dump season has started. I am sitting 2nd and I am wondering if I should stay the course, or look for a rental.

Two factors to consider are the MASH unit--hopefully Carlos Carrasco and Luis Roberts will be 100% by September--and that this is a keeper league. Escobar, Morton, Ryu, Hendricks, and probably Lynn and Carrasco will not be back for 2022. I am actually peaking a bit early in the cycle.

Carson Kelly Ari - C
Alex Kirilloff Min - 1B,OF
Eduardo Escobar Ari - 2B,3B
Anthony Rendon LAA - 3B
Jeimer Candelario Det - 1B,3B
Willy Adames Mil - SS

Gavin Lux LAD - 2B,SS
Ronald Acuña Jr. Atl - OF
Cedric Mullins Bal - OF
Brandon Lowe TB - 1B,2B,OF
Willie Calhoun Tex - OF
Nate Lowe Tex - 1B

Gerrit Cole NYY - SP
Charlie Morton Atl - SP
Hyun Jin Ryu Tor - SP
Lance Lynn CWS - SP
Liam Hendriks CWS - RP
Josh Hader Mil - RP
Kyle Zimmer KC - RP
Nick Wittgren Cle - RP
Dylan Cease CWS - SP
Alex Cobb LAA - SP

Aristades Aquino Cin - OF
Edward Olivares KC - OF
Wander Franco TB - SS
Jo Adell LAA - OF
Chris Owings Col - 2B,3B,SS,OF IL
Yoshi Tsutsugo LAD - 1B,3B,OF IL
Luis Robert CWS - OF IL
Logan Webb SF - SP
Griffin Canning LAA - SP
Tyler Chatwood Tor - SP,RP
Carlos Carrasco NYM - SP,RP

It's now post Super 2. Are there any interesting callups to watch for? I tried for Cal Raleigh, but no joy.

J

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade or Stand?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I'm a flags fly forever guy so I'm always aggressive. That said, I have no experience in a H2H keeper league so I'm not the best to ask. I see the difference as H2H has a certain chance element in the playoffs so I can't speak towards fortifying my team only to have a bad beat in the playoffs. I can see approaching H2H differently, aiming to get in the playoffs as often as possible and hope you're the one on the good side of a bad beat.

I don't have any secret prospects -- though I am even more leery of relying on the hot prospect since the quality of play in the minors if down after a year off so those at least playing at the alternate site last season are even further ahead of the rest, artificially inflating their numbers.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

onejayhawk
Major Leaguer

Re: Trade or Stand?

#3 Post by onejayhawk »

Well, I won. It was a dismal bad vs worse final, but ugly wins count.

In a few weeks, about Thanksgiving, I'll start looking at keepers. Here are the easy ones.

C - Carson Kelly
1B -
2B - Brandon Lowe
3B - Wander Franco
SS - Willy Adames
MI - Glyber Torres
CI -
OF - Ronald Acuña
OF - Luis Robert
OF - Cedrick Mullins
OF - Jo Adell
Util -

SP - Garrit Cole
SP - Lance Lynn
SP - Dylan Cease
SP - Patrick Sandoval
RP - Josh Hader
RP -
RP -
P -
P - Nick Wittgren
P - Tyler Chatwood

BN x 7

Other possibles, pricing varies.
Jeimer Candelario, Madison Bumgarner, Anthony Rendon, Daniel Lynch, Eleiser Hernandez