Tyler Naquin

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Spread da wealth
Major League Veteran

Tyler Naquin

#1 Post by Spread da wealth »

Is he worth adding in an NL-only 5x5 with 11 batters per team? (The league does not have the usual 14 batters - only 4 OFs, 4 INFs, 1 C, & 2 Util). Seems like there's only direction for him to go after such a hot start and that playing time may be an issue, but on the other hand if it's the start of a good year I've got guys on the DL to replace. He's the most owned guy not on a roster in our league. Other available guys getting regular playing time are Jonathan India, Zach McKinstry, Jazz Chisholm & Philip Evans. Thanks

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Tyler Naquin

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Worth rostering? Sure, so long as he's playing regularly. My thought process last night when doing bids was while I'd like him, I'm not going to get him at the cost it will take as someone always chases the stats that are in the book. I put in a "keep them honest" bid and was indeed outbid.

Of the list, I'd prefer India and Chisholm at the cost of acquisition.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord