Question on Roster size for 12 team league

The home for discussion on league rules, ethics and management/commissioner services.
Cortosis
Low-A

Question on Roster size for 12 team league

#1 Post by Cortosis »

Hi all. 12 team league roto 5x5 on espn. Can you suggest an ideal roster size with positions? Commish for six years now and trying to improve peague every year.

Much appreciated

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Question on Roster size for 12 team league

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Honestly, the ideal size is what everyone in the league enjoys the most. As they say, if it ain't broke...

I guess I favor the standard 14 H, 9 P setup. In deeper leagues, I like using only 4 OF and making the spot UT/P, but not every commissioner service can handle that.

If it's a new league, I don't think there is a single best.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Cortosis
Low-A

#3 Post by Cortosis »

Thank you Todd. With the 9 pitchers, can you get soecifuc on how that breaks down. Shoukd it be 9 P? Or 3 Sp , 3 RP and 3 P? Just going for standard

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Standard in roto is just 9 pitchers
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord