Offer for Darvish

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
onejayhawk
Major Leaguer

Offer for Darvish

#1 Post by onejayhawk »

In my 16 team league, it is known that I am in the market for pitching. Yu Darvish's own wants me to make an offer.

It's a keeper league with three absolute and a complex option system. I have Christian Yelich and can keep him forever, or until he's only the fourth best player. I also have Acuna, Roberts, and Leody Taveras plus some prospects--Adell, Kiriloff. Even though Yelich and Darvish are close this year, I have 2022 and 2023 to consider, so not straight up.

What would you think of offering Yelich and Kiriloff (+3) for Darvish and Gleyber Torres (+1)?

J

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Offer for Darvish

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Trades are so contextual, league dependent so I leave the decision to the team manager. If the question is more along the lines of is it fair in a vacuum and not so much should I do this, sure, absolutely.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

onejayhawk
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by onejayhawk »

He didn't go for it, but I got a different big fish--Garritt Cole.

Cole and Hyun Jin Ryu for Christian Yelich and a draft pick worth roughly #100.

I am almost sorry I picked up Ryu too, because another manager threw a whole staff back in during keeper declarations. This is where I sit now.

C - Carson Kelly
1B -
2B - Brandon Lowe 1B, 2B, OF
3B - Jiemer Candelario 1B, 3B
SS -
MI -
CI -
OF - Ronald Acuña
OF - Luis Robert
OF - Leody Taveras
OF -
Util -

SP - Garritt Cole
SP - Carlos Carrasco SP, RP
SP - Charlie Morton
SP - Lance Lynn
RP - Josh Hader
RP - Liam Hendricks
RP -
P - Hyun Jin Ryu
Px2
BN - Wander Franco
BN - Jo Adell
BN - Alex Kiriloff
BN - x5
Last edited by onejayhawk on February 12th, 2021, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onejayhawk
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by onejayhawk »

Just for laughs.

One of the other managers threw all four of these back in, but he's keeping Carlos Correa.

Numbers are ADP. Except Urquidy, all should be no-brainers at their respective prices.

Joe Musgrove * 109
Tyler Mahle * 156
Chris Bassitt * 200
Jose Urquidy * 220

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Urquidy could be the best of the lot.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

onejayhawk
Major Leaguer

#6 Post by onejayhawk »

Does the low 200s ADP represent a decent value for Urquidy?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

I don't like the word value, but there is certainly profit potential in that range.