12-team mixed keepers

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
DMT_RJ
Triple-A

12-team mixed keepers

#1 Post by DMT_RJ »

12-team 5x5 with OBA and Slug replacing HRs and BA. Also we use W+QS rather than Ws.

$265 budget (we auction 5 reserves) and we can keep 10 max. I think my top eight are pretty set but the last two are debatable. Players with B contracts can be extended for $5 more per year. O signifies a player was already extended.

Swanson 6A
Gleyber 14 (O22)
Devers 15B (thinking of extending one year to 20)
Soto 28 (O22)
Meadows 5B (might just let this one play out rather than extend)
Kershaw 25B (not planning to extend)
Flaherty 12 (O22)
Woodruff 1B (planning to extend two years to 11)

McCullers 5A (considering he'd be my 4th SP, seems like a good idea)
May 2A (was a no-brainer before they signed Bauer, but now who knows how many starts he'll get?)
Jose Ramirez 48A (he'll likely go for more in the auction but I already have Devers at 3B)
Harper 46A (likewise)
Kepler 2B (cheap but I don't think he'll go for significantly more after last season)

Any insights would be greatly appreciated, TIA

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: 12-team mixed keepers

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

In this format, Harper is a no-brainer, I also like Ramirez since inflation in 12 mix is usually goofy.

OK with Torres at that price, but could also let him go and see what else I can get at that spot.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

DMT_RJ
Triple-A

#3 Post by DMT_RJ »

Well, Torres is locked in because I extended him, so I'd take a $10 hit if I dropped him. But yea, keeping both Ramirez and Harper would give me a huge foundation going in to the auction.

DMT_RJ
Triple-A

#4 Post by DMT_RJ »

So I felt like was set and then Cron-1A got traded to Denver. Who, if anyone, should he replace?

Jose Ramirez 48A
Harper 46A
Swanson 6A
Gleyber 14 (O22) ($10 penalty if I drop him)
Devers 15B or 20 (O22)
Soto 28 (O22)
Meadows 5B or 10 (O22) (might just let this one play out rather than extend)
Kershaw 25B (not planning to extend)
Flaherty 12 (O22)
Woodruff 1B - will extend to either 6 (O22) or 11 (O23)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

You probably have to wait until Cron make the team and see if his role is worthy of 12-team mixed. If he starts, tough call, a 2-for-1 deal would be nice.

When is the deadline?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

DMT_RJ
Triple-A

#6 Post by DMT_RJ »

Our keeper deadline is March 14th (one week before our auction).

Yea, a guy wanted Meadows and Kepler for Hader-6B which I declined. But he has Grisham for 1-A so I inquired about him. But Kepler isn't even in my top 10 so I'd still have to make a decision.

DMT_RJ
Triple-A

#7 Post by DMT_RJ »

One week until the deadline. Another option I'm considering is tossing Kershaw back. deGrom, Bauer, and Nola will all be available and I think they will soak up most of the ace inflation so that Kershaw won't go higher than $30. Cron at $1 just seems like the better option, plus it'll give me a bit more flexibility in the auction ($80 for 17 players rather than $55) Thoughts?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

You know your league best. What makes sense on paper doesn't always manifest, but still, go with what leaves you the most comfortable.