Dynasty Trading Wander Franco

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Slapdick Prospect
Rookie

Dynasty Trading Wander Franco

#1 Post by Slapdick Prospect »

Not a full-on dynasty, but close... 18 teams, mixed league, traditional 5x5 with OBP replacing BA, 1 catcher, 2 UT slots. $265 to auction with, $360 salary cap in-season. 10 major league keepers, Farm keepers are free, 15 FARM slots, and carry an activation salary.

My core keeper list is shallow, built more for the future. A = 1st yr, B = 2nd yr

1 - Arozarena - OF - $6B
2 - Biggio - 2B/OF - $5B
3 - Solak - OF - $2A
4 - JD Davis - 3B/OF - $2B
5 - Gallen - SP - $22B
6 - Maeda - SP - $21B
7 - C. Walker - 1B - $8X
8 - G. Springer - OF - $40X

Options are a bit of a crapshoot for 9 and 10. Ozuna $41B, Civale $8B, DeGrom $50B, F. Valdez $18B, Nola $34B, Y. Diaz $8X.

FARM is more loaded than ML

W. Franco $5
D. Varsho $2
T. Casas $4
B. Witt Jr. $6
M. Busch $4
J. Adams $5
H. Head $5
B. Lora $2
G. Arias $3

I have 2 targets of players.

Team 1 has Woodruff $6 opt ($16/2023), Heriberto Hernandez $4(farm), R. Puason $5(farm), and G. Jones $6... Would you trade W. Franco for some combination of these?

Team 2 has Hader $2 opt ($12/2023), Karinchak $2 (farm), Tellez $3B.... Would you trade Arozarena $6B and a sweetener (Adams maybe) for this trio? Karinchak has 3 years at $2 before extension, could be a massive earner. Would just Tellez and Karinchak be worth Arozarena, given Karinchak's potential for 5-6 cheap closing years?

Even if Franco was guaranteed to become a monster... am I better off cashing him in to multiply my high-end prospects, and lock in a cheap ace for 3 years? Witt Jr. as my alternative SS makes it easier to live with.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Dynasty Trading Wander Franco

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Are the contract extensions $5 per year added on at once?

If doesn't change the question, but this is much more keeper than dynasty. In a true dynasty, you keep almost everyone with no accelerating contracts. This is a keeper league with a deep minor league reserve.

1. Your mileage may vary, but I never deal anything of value for a closer in a format like this. Saves are just too easy to find.

2. If you want to build our farm system, I'd keep Nola and either Valdez, deGrom or Ozuna, whichever you'd find easier to deal (the in-season cap restricts, but doesn't prohibit acquiring high salaries, everyone can take on one, so maybe deGrom since he's the biggest difference maker.

I understand having two shortstop free up dealing one, but you have MI and 2 UT to make it work.

So I personally wouldn't do either, but it's more about philosophy than equity of players.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord