Trade thoughts

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
swingtrader

Trade thoughts

#1 Post by swingtrader »

Hi Todd,

I'd appreciate your thoughts on two issues with my team (14 team, roster 29, keep 22, H2H, 6x6 Dynasty League where about 20 prospects are currently rostered):

1) An offer I recently received of their Freddie Freeman and Luis Robert for my Ozzie Albies and Matt Olson. I'm tempted to take the trade but Robert's poor finish scares me.

2) Would you keep any of Will Smith, Jake Cronenworth, C Frazier, Nate Pearson, or Alex Kiriloff given the constraints?

Thanks for all you do for the fantasy community!

My team:

C Will Smith
1B Olson
2B Albies
SS Cronenworth
3B Bregman
IF Arenado
OF(4) Yelich, Kyle Tucker, Gallo, Dom Smith
Util(3) Yordan Alvarez, Gavin Lux, D Carlson
Bench C Frazier, Julio Rod, Jo Adell, Kelenic, Luciano, R Lewis, Kiriloff, Dalbec

Pitching: Bauer, Snell, Clevinger, Paddack, Urias, M Gore, Pearson, Paxton

Currently dropping to get to 22 - Nate Pearson, Royce Lewis, James Paxton, Alex Kiriloff, Bobby Dalbec, Cronenworth, Frazier

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade thoughts

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

What are the six hitting categories?

Do you consider yourself a contender in 2021?

My response depends on the above.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

swingtrader

#3 Post by swingtrader »

Todd,

The 6 categories are Runs, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, Total Bases.

I'm very much a contender as long as Yelich, Bregman, and Arenado are at the top of their games or close. That said, if they repeat the performances of this year it'll be hard.

Thanks!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

I'll open with I'm not worried about Robert. You notice the slump because it ended the season. In a full year, he would have rebounded, then slumped again, etc.

The main issue seems to be coverage up the middle. Dealing Albies and potentially dropping Cronenworth moves Lux up, but it's not a sure thing he starts or plays regularly. Dealing Albies and not dropping Cronenworth leaves you with a week middle. Bregman losing SS in 2021 is a real buzzkill.

In a vacuum, I like the deal. Position-wise, it doesn't work. The strength of your minors is outfield.

Easier said than done, but accepting the deal and looking to acquire a solid MLB 2B or SS could work. I'd dangle Yordan Alvarez. Two bad knees at such a young age worries me. The fact he's UT only shouldn't hurt with your lineup configuration.

If Adell hasn't lost too much shine, his name recognition may get something good. It won't be long before Julio Rodriguez and Jarred Kelenic are ready to help, seems like Seattle has them on the fast track.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

swingtrader

#5 Post by swingtrader »

Thank you Todd. I made the trade and have been able to fill in second with a combination of Lux, Chisholm and Josh Rojas.

A follow up re: my pitching. Specifically, I've been trying to acquire Woodruff using a combination of pitchers but have, thus far, been rebuffed. Given my staff below, what would your most aggressive offer be for Woodruff? Means + Rogers feels like it'd probably get it done but may be too much to give. Any insight you could lend would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

My staff - 14 team H2H, 29 man rosters, 9 start limit weekly
SP-Bauer, Flaherty, Urias, Means, Trev Rogers, Paddack, Mahle, McClanahan, Manoah, Gore
RP- Dev Williams, Graveman
IL: Severino, Clevinger, Gonsolin

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

Impossible for me to just throw out names -- too many nuances within a league and team managers.

That said, I'm reasonable sure if I had Woodruff, I'd respectfully decline that offer and would only consider something with either Bauer or Flaherty.