Stat Changes During Interim Between Todd's Updates

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
Larson777
Major Leaguer

Stat Changes During Interim Between Todd's Updates

#1 Post by Larson777 »

Hey guys, with Todd's permission I am starting a thread of player stat adjustments due to expected playing time changes between his most recent update (July 3) and his next one (July 10).  I'm sure many of you have drafts between now and then and would like as much updated stats as possible.  So, below is an example using David Price to start the thread.  Please add your own Events and/or Impacts...

Event:
-David Price (LAD) sitting out season

Impact:
-David Price (LAD) all stats go to 0
-Ross Stripling (LAD) GS, IP, K, W increase, SVS decrease
-AJ Ramos (LAD) IP, K increase
-NL West hitters (COL, SF, SD, ARZ) increase very slightly (almost negligible) in all categories
-Kenley Jansen (LAD) possible SVS decrease (if Stripling doesn't offer as many save opps to Jansen as Price was projected to offer)

Would be great if we got community members adding an Event and/or the Impact it would have.  We can keep this thread going as a great way to adjust our projections between Todd's updates.   Thanks!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Stat Changes During Interim Between Todd's Updates

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

re: Price - not 100% sure it's all Stripling. Dustin May and Tony Gonsolin could work into the mix. Also, I'm not going to worry about players on other teams, and I'm also not going to adjust save chances.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Larson777
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by Larson777 »

Todd Zola wrote: July 5th, 2020, 4:20 pm re: Price - not 100% sure it's all Stripling. Dustin May and Tony Gonsolin could work into the mix. Also, I'm not going to worry about players on other teams, and I'm also not going to adjust save chances.
Good to know. Thanks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Nick Markakis opting out.

I already have Austin Riley for significant playing time (others will likely peg Riley as a gainer). I'm giving more AB to Ender Inciarte, Johan Camargo and Adam Duvall.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Larson777
Major Leaguer

#5 Post by Larson777 »

Todd Zola wrote: July 6th, 2020, 1:34 pm Nick Markakis opting out.

I already have Austin Riley for significant playing time (others will likely peg Riley as a gainer). I'm giving more AB to Ender Inciarte, Johan Camargo and Adam Duvall.
Thanks for the update, Todd.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

I've worked out the schedule adjustments (park factors, strength of opposition) and have incorporated them into the engine. I'm going through playing time now. NO PROMISES - but there could be an update Wednesday or Thursday.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

I was already aggressive with Cesar Hernandez, but with the news he's likely leading off, he gets a bit of a bump.