NFBC Main Event: Ideal # Arms & Bats to Draft

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
Larson777
Major Leaguer

NFBC Main Event: Ideal # Arms & Bats to Draft

#1 Post by Larson777 »

Couple questions regarding the NFBC Main Event:

(1) What is the ideal # of pitchers to draft with your 30 selections?
(2) Of the pitchers you draft, what is the ideal # of SP's to draft, Closers to draft, and Middle Relievers/Setup Men to draft?
(3) For the 9 active pitcher slots, what is the ideal number of SP's, Closers, and Middle Relievers/Setup Men? I am thinking to start the season, as the season goes on one would adjust to their needs.

Thanks,
Mark

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: NFBC Main Event: Ideal # Arms & Bats to Draft

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

To be honest, everything is different this season and your plan should revolve around how you feel teams will handle pitching, especially early on.

If you're playing in the 2020 Main Event, I strongly urge you to take the time to read the six part Winning Tendencies series and formulate the strategy you see best.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Larson777
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by Larson777 »

Todd Zola wrote: June 27th, 2020, 2:46 pm To be honest, everything is different this season and your plan should revolve around how you feel teams will handle pitching, especially early on.

If you're playing in the 2020 Main Event, I strongly urge you to take the time to read the six part Winning Tendencies series and formulate the strategy you see best.
Thanks, Todd. Have read it and will read again.

If this were a normal season, what would your answers be to my questions above?

Thanks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

There is no ideal. Your plan needs to be fashioned around your strategy.

For the sake of answering

7 SP active
2 CL active

2 SP on reserve
1 MR on reserve, to float in when the 7th SP just is terrible
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Larson777
Major Leaguer

#5 Post by Larson777 »

Thanks, Todd.