Trade Trea Turner in a keeper rebuild?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Chefb2020

Trade Trea Turner in a keeper rebuild?

#1 Post by Chefb2020 »

12 team NL-ONLY 5x5 Roto and we keep 4 players. I went all in last year and won the title, but sacrificed nearly all of my draft picks for this year, hence, I’m in a rebuild year. My strategy is to build around the best player I can and then try to upgrade my other 3 keepers during the season.

Right now, my 4 keepers are

Trea Turner
Marcel Ozuna
Nick Castellanos
Noah Syndergaard

No one has interest in upgrading the keepers before the draft, so my approach during this season will be to move any of those 3 players to upgrade.

I’ve just received an offer of Bryce Harper and Kirby Yates for Trea Turner and Noah Syndergaard. The only reason I’m considering it is because of my concern about Turner (seems to be risky - injury-prone with only 1 year of more than 120 games). Another reason is Thor. If he gets out of the gate slow, the rumor mill will start up and he loses all value (NL league and I’d lose him for nothing if traded to AL). My only reason for wanting Thor is for his trade value..

I know Harper has really only had one superstar year, but he’s been durable and seemed to be settling in nicely in the 2nd half to Philly.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade Trea Turner in a keeper rebuild?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Personally prefer Turner. In 2015 and 2016, he played the entire season, some was in the minors. In 2017 and 2019, he was out via HBP, last year on a bunt. Your team, your call.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord