Z Files Archive

A board to test all the settings...
dannykugler
Triple-A
Preferred Style: Roto AL/NL Only. Current leagues have some custom but not unusual categories.
Also starting to dabble in NFBC style Draft and Hold, but will play a cutline league this year 2019/20 also.

Z Files Archive

#1 Post by dannykugler »

Hello,
I also sent a private DM to Mastersball staff. Sorry about that but couldn’t figure out how to submit a topic (even though I’ve done a few previously). Boomer issues I guess.
Anyway I’m trying to look at the Z Files Archives specifically for Points Leagues and I’m getting the Platinum Log In screen.
Thanks and here’s to a great 2020.
Danny

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Z Files Archive

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I'll reactivate anything I see related to points and pop back here when it's done.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

Strategy for Points Leagues - February 14
Points Leagues Pointers - February 22

all set
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

dannykugler
Triple-A
Preferred Style: Roto AL/NL Only. Current leagues have some custom but not unusual categories.
Also starting to dabble in NFBC style Draft and Hold, but will play a cutline league this year 2019/20 also.

#4 Post by dannykugler »

Thanks.

mcfrankq
Rookie

points league scoring

#5 Post by mcfrankq »

Our points league gives HITTING 1 point for each base 2 points for a run 1 point +/- for stolen base or caught 75 points for cycle minus 1 for error 1 point hbp PITCHING 2 points for inning 1 point k -1point bb -1 earned run 5point w -5 loss 5 points complete game,shutout -5 loss 3 points save -3 points loss 65 points no hitter 25 points perfect game -1 point wild pitch

I disagree with the large cycle and NH ,Perfect game bonuses. I agree with some bonus just not as high.

With closers on teams changing, are some leagues doing a saves @ ? points +holds @ ? points category?

Should wins be a combination of quality starts and wins maybe 3 points qs +2 w

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Thank You

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

I'm usually a whatever floats your boat, just tell me the rules and I'll figure it out sort of guy, but bonuses for flukes (cycle, no-hitter, perfect game, etc.) are just silly. Should a week really be decided on a fluke? The player already piled up the points via the performance already.

As for the other categories, it's a whatever floats your boat thing to me. There's no right or wrong. Some endeavor to "match the real thing", I don't care about that. Just tell me the scoring system and I'll figure the rest out.