Pvm help

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
BCJR
Low-A

Pvm help

#1 Post by BCJR »

So I have read this article below a few times and still don't think I'm doing it correctly. I have come up with really low values, the top player at around $12.

I have tried adjusting hitter pitcher splits I have still seen only around $22. I don't know if I'm getting the player pool correctly so that could be the problem, but I may have more than one haha.

https://www.mastersball.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=65

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Pvm help

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

That piece described the concepts, it doesn't detail the methodology.

This is what you want if you want to run values on your own (it's not easy)

http://mastersball.com/products/PlayerValuation.pdf

What format league are you trying to do? The CVRCs are programmed to do PVM.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

BCJR
Low-A

#3 Post by BCJR »

The format I was attempting was a little different then most I play.

14 TM 6x6 roto (obp and holds are the extra)
15 hitters
10 pitchers

The CVRCS are awesome I just like to know the guts of the method I guess. So I've been trying to do the standard NFBC league(s) trying to "understand" the method and how to get to the final amount.

I skimmed that link in my attempts last night but I must dedicate more time to it tonight.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Gotcha - best thing to do, if you want to go down this path, is try to set up the 6x6 spreadsheet and see what happens. When you're stuck, send me the sheet and I can reverse engineer.

Just be warned, come March, I likely won't have the time to really spend on it.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

BCJR
Low-A

#5 Post by BCJR »

Fully understand. I appreciate it sir. I'll be working on this tonight. Thank you for all your help.