Mid Season Report Card and Roster Help :)

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
cosmik_debris

Mid Season Report Card and Roster Help :)

#1 Post by cosmik_debris »

This is for a 12 team Yahoo 5*5 Head to Head Roto Dynasty League. Right now Im in 4th place overall and only a few games in back of the first place team and things look like they are starting to fall into place this year. Ive joined this league a couple of years back when they had a 4 team expansion draft. I have a few guys coming off the DL soon and also made a few minor league pick ups that may not help this year but should have some decent returns in the future (I hope lol)
Oh, at the end of the season we keep 25 players.

Heres the team:

C- Iannetta
1B- Fielder
2B- Ramirez (Alexi)
3B- Kouzmanoff
SS- Drew
OF- Kubel, Hart, Granderson
U (2)- Ellsbury, Bourn
DL- Gordon, Lowry
Bench- Chris Young, Asdrubal Cabrera, Kyle Blanks, Nyler Morgan, John Bowker

SP- Cain, Hamels, Gallardo, Kershaw, Bergeson, Feldman, Floyd
RP- Ryan, Jenks, Nunez
DL- Maine, Volquez, Anibal Sanchez, Putz
Bench- Bowden

I guess my major questions are... will Young ever hit better than .200?
Are Banks and Bowker and Bowden (killer B's lol) solid enough prospects?
Will Putz get traded in the off season?
Been wondering frequently lately if packaging Drew with somone for a bigger power bat and keeping Cabrera and/ or Lowry at SS would be a good move?

cwk1963

Re: Mid Season Report Card and Roster Help :)

#2 Post by cwk1963 »

cosmik_debris wrote:This is for a 12 team Yahoo 5*5 Head to Head Roto Dynasty League. Right now Im in 4th place overall and only a few games in back of the first place team and things look like they are starting to fall into place this year. Ive joined this league a couple of years back when they had a 4 team expansion draft. I have a few guys coming off the DL soon and also made a few minor league pick ups that may not help this year but should have some decent returns in the future (I hope lol)
Oh, at the end of the season we keep 25 players.

Heres the team:

C- Iannetta
1B- Fielder
2B- Ramirez (Alexi)
3B- Kouzmanoff
SS- Drew
OF- Kubel, Hart, Granderson
U (2)- Ellsbury, Bourn
DL- Gordon, Lowry
Bench- Chris Young, Asdrubal Cabrera, Kyle Blanks, Nyler Morgan, John Bowker

SP- Cain, Hamels, Gallardo, Kershaw, Bergeson, Feldman, Floyd
RP- Ryan, Jenks, Nunez
DL- Maine, Volquez, Anibal Sanchez, Putz
Bench- Bowden

I guess my major questions are... will Young ever hit better than .200?
Are Banks and Bowker and Bowden (killer B's lol) solid enough prospects?
Will Putz get traded in the off season?
Been wondering frequently lately if packaging Drew with somone for a bigger power bat and keeping Cabrera and/ or Lowry at SS would be a good move?
1. If Young doesn't hit better than .200, he'll be just another prospect that didn't make it.
2. I think that's a lower end group of prospects for a 12 team league. Blanks will struggle to hit HR at Petco like everyone; Bowker's pop is lower than you'd like in a corner guy although he has picked it up a bit this year; Bowden's K/9 has dropped considerably each level he's gone up in the minors.
3. I don't see it. He has a 8.6M club option for '10 but where are they going to get another set up guy? Wagner has a 8M club option. Besides, with his injury history, who'd take him?
4. Might be a good idea to try. You're light on power for a 12 team league IMHO.

cosmik_debris

#3 Post by cosmik_debris »

Great joke for your signature :)

I agree for the most part about what youve said about Blanks and Bowker but can only grab whats available... On Bowden, most of the articles and opinions (granted, these are mostly blogs and the like) say that Bowden can be better than Bucholtz and Masterson... are they that far off base?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Buchholz is a better prospect than Bowden - I don't know of anyone that I trust that says otherwise. Bowden vs. Masterson is interesting. They are different types of pitchers but likely project to similar results.

There is a good chance Bowden gets the same treatment Buchholz has, that is stays in the minors a little longer than another team may keep him there, as the Red Sox are balancing competing for the championship with working in their home-grown products. Bowden can also be dealt to acquire a front-line catcher, first baseman, third baseman or shortstop. With the injury to Lowell, they have the flexibility to work someone in at any of those positions.

In a dynasty league, it is different from a keeper league in that you need to protect pitching as well as sticks, I'm just not sure Bowden will be that useful in a 12-team mixed format before 2011 or even 2012, unless he is dealt.

Bowker is past prospect stage. Though he is one of my favorites to stash this season, it is in deeper leagues. You don't want Bowker as your keeper 1B or CI in a shallow mixed dynasty league.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

cosmik_debris

#5 Post by cosmik_debris »

Thanks Todd for putting that in a better perspective for me.
I kind of think that a move for a catcher would be a priority for the Sox at this point so I believe that there could be a good chance of seeing Bowden at some point next year in the bigs.