Bye bye Bryce?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Dmdice

Bye bye Bryce?

#1 Post by Dmdice »

Hey Todd!

I’m in serious thought about a trade and could use some input, please. It’s a 14-team, 6x6, H2H with OPS as the extra offensive category. The rosters are pretty deep and we can keep seven players (3 bats, 3 P and 1 of either). Typically, I’ll keep four bats.

The Phillies fan in my league would take my Bryce, Galvis, a P like Junior Guerra and a 7th round pick (more like a 14th because of the 7 keepers) for Haniger, DeJong, Kershaw and a 4th. I am in need of SP and have had little luck. I have not soured on Bryce but I’m a little concerned about his Ks and general inconsistency. Also, I have some great bats to keep like Freeman, Jose Ramirez (I’m not too worried about him), Segura, Conforto, Moncada, Shohei, and of course the two bats I would acquire.

Is this a good enough haul for Bryce, in your opinion? My lineup would be pretty solid. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Todd!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Bye bye Bryce?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

It comes down to how you feel about Kershaw. It's one thing to say in a vacuum, "if you're dealing Harper, get a better pitcher back", but that's easier said than done in a climate with so many aces hurt or struggling. Kershaw is a risk, especially in H2H if he's out during the playoffs. However, if you need pitching, this could be your best opportunity.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Dmdice

Re: Bye bye Bryce?

#3 Post by Dmdice »

Thanks for the quick response! I can take Charlie Morton instead but if I’m going to do it, I’d rather gamble on Kershaw.

Always appreciated, Todd! 👊🏼