Carlos Quintin

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

Carlos Quintin

#1 Post by Tampa Bob »

10 team AL only 4x4 league with strikeouts rather than WHIP. We have a wild card position, Designated Player, which can be any hitting or pitching position. Mine in currently OF.

I am in 1st in Avg, HR and RBIs. I've stayed that way despite the injuries to Quintin, Posada, Dye and Longoria. However, it appears I've hung on to Quintin too long and let several pitchers elude me.

I am not hearing squat about a return timeframe and am now thinking that "Better late than never" might be my best strategy. There are a few starters available and a couple of relievers.

Richmond, Palmer, Tallet, Romero & Miner plus Frasor, Percival, Dotel, Thornton.

My weak area is Wins and there's just no chasing wins in that group.

Still if Quintin isn't coming back until August (if ever) then might as well kick him to the curb and take what I can get.

Anyone heard anything?

Thanks ~ TB
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
CR: E. Duran - $1, UT: J. Westberg - N/A
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

RP: K. Jansen - $23, C. Holmes - $27.
Minors: G. Rodriguez, A. Volpe, K. Manzardo, B. Lee, C. DeLauter

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Carlos Quintin

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Last I heard it was post All Star break.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Carlos Quintin

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

Something else to keep in mind is there have been players (Marty Cordova comes to mind) that never really recover from plantar fascitis. On the other hand, I believe Pujols had it one spring and looks like he is over it :)
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord