Advice

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
91OSUAlum

Advice

#1 Post by 91OSUAlum »

So I am still near the bottom of my 16 tm league(currently 12th in the standings)... 5x5 std roto scoring with a player pool of the NL and 8 AL teams(done this way to add more teams but try to keep the league somewhat deep)

I have the following:

Posada - $15; V Mart - $25
Swisher - $4;
Uggla - $15;
Gamel - $10;
Theriot - $4;
Jeter - $22;
Counsel - $10;
Bradley - $13;
Ellsbury - $15;
Canizaros - $10;
Hart - $29;
F. Sanchez - $6;
Spilboroghs - $13

Pitching...

Harang - $22, Maholm - $1, Bastardo - $10, B.J. Ryan - $13, Andrew Miller - $3, Snell - $2, Zumaya - $10, Hawkins - $10, Beimel - $10..

IR - C. Guillen - $18, J. Hamilton - $12, Lastings Milledge - $7, McGowan - $1, Smoltz - $5, Volquez - $10, Lidge - $25.

Minors - Snider - $10, Smoak - $10, Schafer - $10, J. Parker - $5...

Wondering if I can still make a run to the top. If so, who would you be willing to give up or should I try to make a run to the money and build for next year. I cannot keep Uggla, Milledge, Harang, Maholm or Theriot for next year.

But I do have a nice core with Hamilton, V Mart, Jeter, Ellsbury and also Volquez, Smoltz, McGowan.

What would you all do? Thanks in advance

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Advice

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

11 teams in a keeper league is a lot to pass, especially since they will also be making the same types of "this season" trades you are considering.

If there is money involved, cashing is never a bad thing, though if the first place kitty is significantly higher, it may be better to build towards that.

Basically, you need to look at your keepers and decide if they can fetch you enough solid ammo to make the leap from 12th to the money. Honestly, that is not a question we can answer, only you have the necessary information to make the decision.

If it isn't going to happen this season, decide who you want to keep and move the rest for more keepers.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

91OSUAlum

#3 Post by 91OSUAlum »

Top six pay out in cash.

With the news Guillen might be out for the year, might make sense to pass.

With my roster, who do you believe to be the keepers. I have my list but looking for other opinions.

Does Ryan or Zumaya have a chance to be a closer again? Would you move Zumaya, Snider and Schafer to get Verlander(a potential trade that has been offered).

AllstonRockCity

#4 Post by AllstonRockCity »

91OSUAlum wrote: Does Ryan or Zumaya have a chance to be a closer again?
Rodney is a FA after this year. So, yes, I'd say Zumaya has a really good chance to be a closer again, probably next year.

To answer your other question, I personally, would not trade those guys for Verlander. Snider is going to be a stud.

cwk1963

#5 Post by cwk1963 »

How many can you keep and are minor leaguers free keepers?