Segura v Conforto

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Dmdice

Segura v Conforto

#1 Post by Dmdice »

Hey there! Looking for some input. Todd, I saw you chose Segura in the fourth round of a draft recently. I need one more bat in a 14-team H2H 6x6 w/ OPS (am keeping Jose Ram, Freddie and Bryce). Should I assume you would hang on to Segura instead of Conforto? I feel like Mike can have a great year with good health. Other options are Mazara and Hicks but I like the first two more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Segura v Conforto

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

If there's no cost involved, prefer Jean Segura over Michael Conforto - though adding OPS makes it a little closer. Somewhat depends on the league as Segura is hugely underappreciated and is often available at a discount. But yeah, in a vacuum, Segura.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Dmdice

Re: Segura v Conforto

#3 Post by Dmdice »

Thanks for this, Todd. No cost involved. Seven players kept per team (3 bats, 3 P and 1 of either) so 98 in total. I do have two 1sts and two 2nds, which means I can maybe reach a bit for Conforto early.

Thanks again! Always enjoy listening to you on the Rotowire pod. I look forward to cruising through this site more, as well! 👊🏼