Scherzer for Ibanez?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
burke

Scherzer for Ibanez?

#1 Post by burke »

Hi,
I'm in a 5x5 14 team mixed keeper league that uses OBP. I'm in third place. I'm doing well in pitching stats but not so well in hitting. I have Manny and Jose Reyes on my reserves.

I was offered a trade a few weeks ago. The guy offered Ibanez for Scherzer. Both are $6 but Scherzer can be kept next year and Ibanez can't. I said yes to the deal but then the guy didn't respond until today when he asked for me to wait until Friday for him to decide.

This league seems to value starting pitching a lot more then other leagues. There isn't much available on the waiver wire or free agent list. I recently was able to get Uehara for $1 though and Zito for $2 in FAAB. I'm not excited about having Zito on my roster though.

Should I trade Scherzer for Ibanez? Thought?
Thanks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Scherzer for Ibanez?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Flags fly forever.

Personally, I take the keeper aspect out of the equation -- if you feel your hitting gains more with Ibanez than it loses with Scherzer, I'd do the deal.

Then maybe if Manny and Reyes both come back and you have excess hitting, you can flip some for pitching.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord