Minimum Innings Pitched Requirement in 12 team AL

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

Minimum Innings Pitched Requirement in 12 team AL

#1 Post by shif6 »

Our league currently has an 1100 innings pitched requirement in a 5/5 league. The league members think this is now too high. Any thoughts as to what it should be and the considerations leading to that conclusion?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Minimum Innings Pitched Requirement in 12 team AL

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Really depends on how the league wants the SP and RP breakdown. Based on 1100 IP, that requires around a 6SP/3RP split. To account for shorter starts, dropping to 1000 would work. If the league wants to adjust for the increasing importance of relievers, dropping to 900 or 950 makes sense. In general, the number is high enough to force each team to use "X" SP -- each league has a different target.

For comparison, Tout uses 950, NFBC 1000 for 12-team only leagues.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#3 Post by CubFan »

How many teams in your league? If your league uses playoffs I'd certainly consider lowering your 1100 min IP. For comparison our 12 team AL only league had been using 900 IP min by the start of our playoffs (~Sep 1) until 2 years ago when two teams didn't qualify. We then lowered them to 800 IP. That may be too low as everyone since then has gone over 900 IP by the start of the playoffs. Least # of SPs being used was 5 for first half of season (many teams used 6 or 7 SPs), then injuries and lack of SP talent in FA pool resulted in some teams having only 3 or 4 SP for weeks at a time.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Captain Hook
Major League All-Star

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

If forced to I would say 900 but my real answer is WHY have a requirement at all?