Improving my pitching?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
MaestroJay

Improving my pitching?

#1 Post by MaestroJay »

5x5 12 team Roto (avg)

C - Contreras
1B - Goldy
2B - Albies
3B - Devers
SS - Story
OF - Blackmon/Polanco/Puig
UTIL - Moncada/Crawford
BN - Suarez/Du.Fowler
DL - Marte

SP - Severino/Strausburg
RP - Vazquez/Treinen
P - Parker/Hirano/Seranthony/Godley
BN - Quintana/Desclafani
DL - Rodon

SVs (5.5),ERA(6),WHIP(5) are still issues. So I need to keep atleast some of my RP. Is getting Desclafani going to tip the scales any for me? Or should I look to drop an RP/Desclafani for another SP?

Erod, Gausman, Stroman,Lucchessi,Stripling, Ross,Gohara,Caleb Smith,Reynaldo are available.

Struggling to find an area of strength to trade from.Unless i sell high on Albies and slide Moncada over. Or, wait for Marte to get back and hope a Polanco/Quintana type package still has value. Any thoughts?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Improving my pitching?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Use DeSclafani's roster spot to stream in pitchers with favorable matchups - that's the second part of the ploy when stocking up with MR. It's a mindset - don't look for guys to keep all season. Pitch and ditch. Don't get blinded by a good start - it was supposed to be good. Dump and grab the next guy in a good spot.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

MaestroJay

#3 Post by MaestroJay »

Was mainly asking because i don't know if right now, I have that 3rd SP that is an automatic start.Though Quintana is near that. With 2 consistant starters, don't know if that's enough volume to offset bad streamers.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Quintana isn't close -- and the relievers provide the foundation for ratios, not just two starters.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord