Stashing Vlad

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Euronymous

Stashing Vlad

#1 Post by Euronymous »

Todd, I'm interested in your perspective regarding stashing Vlad Guerrero. I think in leagues of any extended size he's already owned, but I went ahead and grabbed him yesterday (dropping the execrable Kevin Pillar) in my shallow 10-team mixer and I'm not sure how I feel about carrying him going forward (daily transactions, 25 roster spots, 3 bench). I don't expect you or anyone else to have anything more than a guess as to when he'll be up, but do you think Vlad needs to be owned in pretty much all leagues at this point?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Stashing Vlad

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Honestly? No way I stash him in your format. You need the bench to keep hitters as filled as possible on Monday and Thursday.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Euronymous

#3 Post by Euronymous »

Thanks, Todd. I was watching an interview with the Blue Jays GM last night, and it sounds like they are content to keep him down on the farm to let his defense develop, so I just don't think a callup is happening any time soon. I think I'll cast him back to the pool...

Trav The Ump

#4 Post by Trav The Ump »

Yup, until JD gets traded there is nowhere for him to play. Also will FOR SURE be after the Super 2 clock in June...unless it's a dynasty keeper I just wouldn't worry about him.