Large AL only Trade review

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
pdennen

Large AL only Trade review

#1 Post by pdennen »

Give: A. Garcia 6 / Gardner 16 / L. Robert rookie / Estrada 7 / Parker 10
Get: Trout 53 / Bradley Jr 15 / Jaye 1 / Porcello 13 / Happ 13

Some context: Keeper league in Chicago-Top rookies are worth a ton for dump trades, especially White Sox. Key to trade is Robert and secondary Garcia. My offense is good, my SP is really week. Trade negative: Trout hamstrings me vis a vis salary cap. Is this a no-brainer if I'm trying to win this year?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Large AL only Trade review

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Can't say no-brainer, to many contextual aspects.

Can you get more for Robert? You'll be up against the cap at some point, are there more/better players out there you can logically acquire? What are trade chips do you have, what are they likely to bring back?

If just Trout gets you close to the cap, that means the same is true for others - that is, $50 in added budget is their max too.

Weigh it all -- if this is the best you can get -- and you're going to get it for 5 months while others making deals don't get that much usage, then yeah, do it.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Trav The Ump

#3 Post by Trav The Ump »

Flags fly forever.

If you think this trade can you get you in the running to win this year, do it. Next year there will be another batch of hot rookies and White Sox minor leaguers. Only one winner, make it you. You can't always keep an eye on 2-3 years down the road and hope to also win the current year.

Overall from another AL only owner, I like what you're getting. Now I play no cap...but I trade away almost all my "rookies" because so many of them bust or simply turn into average big leaguers. We all think everyone is the next Harper/ Trout...and many, many guys are not.

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#4 Post by CubFan »

Agree with Trav.....focus on this year (yeah I know I don't always do that). I value most rookies as nothing more than trade chips. Trade them when you can if the haul improves your team. I too really like what you're getting back, even if you're up against the salary cap. Speaking only for me this is a no-brainer for this year. I'd do it in a heart beat.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -