Thoughts on l gurriel?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Jmo_10
Major Leaguer

Thoughts on l gurriel?

#1 Post by Jmo_10 »

12 team h2h points
C Sanchez
1b/3b Gallo, H Ramirez, E Hosmer, Zimmerman
2b/ss Kinsler, A Simmons, cozart, G Torres
OF Betts, Stanton, Upton, Gardner, M Williams

Sp Verlander, McCullers, Teheran, Gio, luchessi, L Lynn, C Stratton, c Anderson,
Rp Norris, Middleton

I want to drop Lynn for gurriel.. I like the upside and I’m always trying to be one of the first on waiver adds. Any thoughts much appreciated.
12 team H2H points weekly matchups. Standard scoring system

C.Jansen 1B.Hosmer 2B.J Wendle 3B.Longoria SS.Story MI.Simmons CI.Comargo OF.Mookie, Blackmon, Springer, Cain, Robles UTIL.Jimenez BE.Markakis, Tatis Jr, Renfroe SP.Taillon, Price, JA Happ, Lucchesi, Pivetta, Glasnow, Freeland, Eflin RP.A Chapman

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Thoughts on l gurriel?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

What upside? Reports have Lourdes Gurriel's power and speed potential very tepid. Points leagues are all about counting stats - I don't see it. Twins have been crushed by weather and travel. Lynn will get innings, whiffs and wins, all integral to points.

Your team, your call.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Jmo_10
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by Jmo_10 »

Got it. I read they liked his versatility allowing to see many at bats. Guess that shouldn’t necessarily translate to upside. I never added LG.

Thinking cj cron in place of Zimmerman. Thoughts on either? Zimmerman has disappointed and cron is hot now. I’ve been patient with Zimmerman. That’s baseball right?
12 team H2H points weekly matchups. Standard scoring system

C.Jansen 1B.Hosmer 2B.J Wendle 3B.Longoria SS.Story MI.Simmons CI.Comargo OF.Mookie, Blackmon, Springer, Cain, Robles UTIL.Jimenez BE.Markakis, Tatis Jr, Renfroe SP.Taillon, Price, JA Happ, Lucchesi, Pivetta, Glasnow, Freeland, Eflin RP.A Chapman

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Not a fan of riding hot streaks since they're non predictive, however, Cron playing every day, hitting second justifies making the switch. If Cron is available now, chances are there will be someone available to replace Cron if necessary.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord