H2H roster thoughts

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
MaestroJay

H2H roster thoughts

#1 Post by MaestroJay »

5x5 12 team H2H avg daily lineup

C - Gattis
1B - Hosmer
2B - Gordon
3B - Machado
SS - Baez
OF - Benintendi/Betts/Jo.Martinez
UTL - Kinsler/Bour
BN - Desmond/Kingery

SP - Severino/Archer
RP - Vazquez/Kela
P - Ohtani/Holland/Manaea/Lopez
BN - Bauer/ERod/Fulmer
DL - Knebel

Offensively, it boils down to how concerning short term struggles by the back end guys are. As if I'm starting Kinsler over Gordon for a length of time. My depth and hot depth is very very thin.

Yoan Moncada (have low ww priority), Teoscar, Rosario, Happ, Brinson, Piscotty,
Flaherty, Delino, Gennett, Mallex, Pirela, Dahl, K.Calhoun

Pitching wise, things are a bit skewed. As recently Ohtani and all my RP have struggled. The need for a 3rd RP is questionable. However, without knowing how long Knebel is out. Don't know Holland's value to me. As this week for example I'm against a 3 RP team. So do have a need for 3rd RP. Even though, right now he may be one of my most droppable pitcher.

J.Gray, Ryu, Wacha, T.Williams, Flahtery, Pivetta, Folty

Middleton and Devinski are both available closer wise. With Holland not having role yet. Do you like either over Holland?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: H2H roster thoughts

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Not sure what hot depth is, but if it's what I think it is, it doesn't exist.

Too late now to really address, but I see too many regulars not assured of playing every day (or virtually every day), which makes it hard to keep up with AB.

Definitely prefer Middleton over Holland - in a league this shallow, with closers still on the wire, there's absolutely no need to burn a reserve spot when that can be used to help make sure hitting is at maximum capacity - or another solid arm, not to mention active closer.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

MaestroJay

Re: H2H roster thoughts

#3 Post by MaestroJay »

Meant streaming slots. Try and have a bat or two, for when guys who I can't drop but can't start always get cold. However, getting JoMart and Kingery early on limits the clear cut drops.