Waiver Priorities - Pitching

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Tierney2000

Waiver Priorities - Pitching

#1 Post by Tierney2000 »

Rank in terms of pick up priority:

Reynaldo Lopez
Tyler Mahle
Jakob Junis
Nick Pivetta
Mike Leake

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Waiver Priorities - Pitching

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Format? For the week or season?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Tierney2000

#3 Post by Tierney2000 »

I knew I was forgetting something. Sorry about that.

12 Team - H2H Categories. - W, L, K, ERA, WHIP, QS, SV/H - 5 SP, 6 RP, 3 Bench

I'm hoping to hold onto 1 or 2 of them if they perform over the next few starts

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Tyler Mahle
Jakob Junis

Nick Pivetta
Reynaldo Lopez

Mike Leake

Problem with holding and using if they pitch well is you lose the good starts and likely pick up a poor one sooner than later. I find it best to trust the guy or not - I don't wait and see.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Tierney2000

#5 Post by Tierney2000 »

Thanks for the advice.

I ended up grabbing Reynaldo Lopez because he plays today (I started him), Jakob Junis was picked up right after that. Hopefully I can grab one of the others when adds are refreshed tomorrow morning. Would you drop Lopez for Mahle or even Pivetta? When deciding between Lopez and Mahle, I went Lopez because of prospect pedigree, stuff and the game today. What makes you like Mahle over him?

Also I'm about to listen to the Baseball HQ pod, looking forward to your segment.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

I missed Lopez's start today, but got glowing reports from a friend using him in DFS. The cold weather likely helped, but I agree, with his pedigree, if he looks good early on, his ceiling is the highest of the lot.

Tierney2000

#7 Post by Tierney2000 »

Thanks Todd, the advice is appreciated. I saw most of the game and I'll be holding on for the time being.

The segment on Baseball HQ was good.