Pick Up Patrick?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Euronymous

Pick Up Patrick?

#1 Post by Euronymous »

I'd hate to miss out on a Patrick Corbin breakout, but I don't have anyone I particularly want to cut, even in a format this shallow. Starting pitching is also pretty deep on the waiver wire, with the likes of Corbin, Clevinger, Manea, Wacha-types. I've been trying to swing a 2-for-1 trade today to clear a roster spot, but very little trading in this league. Any advice?

10-Team 5x5 ROTO Redraft

C Willson Contreras

1B Joey Votto

2B Ozzie Albies

3B Travis Shaw

SS Trea Turner

CI Jose Martinez

MI Xander Bogaerts, Tim Anderson

UT Yonder Alonso, Scott Kingery

OF J.D. Martinez, Christian Yelich, Byron Buxton, Eddie Rosario, Domingo Santana

SP Jake DeGrom, Gerrit Cole, Luis Castillo, Luke Weaver, Zack Godley

RP Jeurys Familia, Brad Brach, Blake Treinen, Keone Kela, Hunter Strickland

DL Drew Pomeranz

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Pick Up Patrick?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Daily or weekly moves? If weekly, is there a real need to carry five closers.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Euronymous

#3 Post by Euronymous »

Thanks, Todd, and daily moves. Closers are gold in this league, so I'd hate to outright drop one.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

I wouldn't sweat Corbin - in this format, there's going to be tons of hot players like this.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Euronymous

#5 Post by Euronymous »

Thanks, that's how I was leaning. Meanwhile, I'll go back to work seeing if I can swing a 2-for-1.