Bench thoughts after draft

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
MaestroJay

Bench thoughts after draft

#1 Post by MaestroJay »

5x5 Roto 12 team (avg) 1400 IP

C - Contreras
1B - Goldschmidt
2B - Albies
3B - Devers
SS - Story
OF - Blackmon/Marte/Polanco
UTIL - Kinsler/Zimmer
BN - Bell/M.Chapman
BN - Rosario/Torres

SP - Strausburg/Severino
RP - Rivero/Treinen
P - Godley/S.Gray/Lamet/Faria
BN - J.Montgomery

Looking at my offense. I potentially need another OFer for schedule purposes. From having 2 Pirates. Of the two backup SS Torres is more droppable. However, the question is would it be better to drop Torres for an OFer now. Letting Lamet/Faria be the only swappable SP slots? This is next day pickup. So can't just use 1 of the three slots to take advantage of any sits that day. Which is why I'm leaning the way I am. Is this the right line of thinking?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Bench thoughts after draft

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Assuming daily moves, I'd drop Torres and try to find someone 1b/of so you can drop Bell for another arm.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

MaestroJay

Re: Bench thoughts after draft

#3 Post by MaestroJay »

It's next day moves not same day.

As far as 1B/OF Belt, Jose Martinez, Matt Adams, are really the only 3 worth considering. Beyond that it's guys like Lind,Valencia,Pearce,Descalaso. Which is why I'm looking at the 1B/OF depth in 2 seperate slots. Belt's health history concerns me with him. Which is why I went Bell.

Kepler,Reddick,Choo,Altherr,Piscotty,Dickerson,Pierla are available at OF. Think Bell and 1 of these are better options than Belt/SP. As I may get the SP stream slot from Faria. If his spring start rolls over into the season.