How'd I Do?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Euronymous

How'd I Do?

#1 Post by Euronymous »

Just drafted last night in my long-running 10-team roto re-draft, and here's how I ended up:

C Willson Contreras, J.T. Realmuto

1B Joey Votto

2B Ozzie Albies

3B Travis Shaw

SS Trea Turner

CI  Trey Mancini

MI Xander Bogaerts

OF J.D. Martinez, Christian Yelich, Byron Buxton, Domingo Santano, Eddie Rosario, Delino DeShields, Corey Dickerson, Bradley Zimmer

SP Jake DeGrom, Luis Castillo, Luke Weaver, Zack Godley, Michael Wacha

RP Jeurys Familia, Brad Brach, Blake Treinen, Luke Gregerson

I think my only pick of regret is taking Willson Contreras at #64. When Realmuto was still hanging around at pick 184 I couldn't help myself and drafted him as well (one catcher league), but now I've got two catchers and am trying to trade one of them for an upgrade elsewhere. Also, I think I may be a bit short on power and heavy on speed, so I may try to address that with a trade or two. Otherwise, I got a lot of the value guys I was targeting and am generally pleased with my team.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: How'd I Do?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Not for nothing but everyone in a 10-team league looks like they have a great team.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Euronymous

#3 Post by Euronymous »

Just got offered Gerrit Cole for my Delino DeShields. I seem to have a wealth of speed and wouldn't mind adding a sixth SP (even with a reduced 180 GS limit in this league), but I really like DeShields this year. Any advice?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Honestly, would do it in a heartbeat. As you say, you have plenty of speed, maybe too much. Cole could easily be your SP3
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Euronymous

#5 Post by Euronymous »

Done. Thanks so much, Todd!

Euronymous

#6 Post by Euronymous »

This is a blood-for-saves league, with every current closer rostered, but any reason for me to hold onto Luke Gregerson at this point? He's sidelined with an oblique injury and may not even be ready for opening day, and I'm not sure he's a very good pitcher to begin with. Saves are saves, but I'm tempted to drop him for upside play like David Dahl or a 30 HR potential bat like Mark Trumbo.

Captain Hook
Major League All-Star

#7 Post by Captain Hook »

Euronymous wrote: March 13th, 2018, 10:35 am This is a blood-for-saves league, with every current closer rostered, but any reason for me to hold onto Luke Gregerson at this point? He's sidelined with an oblique injury and may not even be ready for opening day, and I'm not sure he's a very good pitcher to begin with. Saves are saves, but I'm tempted to drop him for upside play like David Dahl or a 30 HR potential bat like Mark Trumbo.
Well he is still the closer so I wouldn't drop him for either of those players but I would drop an OF or SP to make sure I had Dominic Leone

Euronymous

#8 Post by Euronymous »

Thanks for the reply. Leone is owned.

Euronymous

#9 Post by Euronymous »

I went ahead and dropped Gregerson for Dahl. I'm tantalized by Dahl's upside, and even with a crowded Rockies roster and the risk of him being outed to AAA, he's seemingly healthy and I want to hoard as many potential breakout bats as possible in the early on. Third-tier closers are much easier to come by...