Mark Melancon?

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Tig

Mark Melancon?

#1 Post by Tig »

do not know much about him, but an owner is trying to sell him to me. can anyone give me some insight? is he potentially the closer for the Yanks next year? (is Rivera's contract up after this year?)...

is this someone you would target as a keeper (12 team AL only) for next year with a $5 price tag in a $260 cap league.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Mark Melancon?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Mo is signed through 2010.

He is a fairly highly touted reliever, I can fill in some details later, but philosophically, I personally would not take up a keeper spot, even for $5 on a speculative middle reliever for a team that has the assets to buy the best closer available. If it isn't Joba, they will go outside the organization.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord