Trade proposals

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
otto

Trade proposals

#1 Post by otto »

I am in AL only 5x5. We use OBP vs BA abd K/BB vs K

I have some proposals on the table and am looking to you guys for some advise. I used to post on these boards years ago and I am glad they are bad. So here it is.

I would trade Cliff Lee and Willie Aybar

I get in return

Russell Branyan and Aaron Laffey or Michael Youand and Aaron Laffey
or
Adrian Beltre and Manny DelCarman or Hank Blalock and Manny DelCarman

Out of the 4 which is the best deal???

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade proposals

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

It's all team and league contextual, and only you know the particulars, but I am going to assume you need a hitting upgrade.

I honestly do not think any of those hitters are the equivalent value to Lee, but that is why the pitcher in return is better than Aybar. I'm just not sure I would make this deal to upgrade my hitting, I want a better hitter in return if I am dealing Lee, who should so well in K/BB leagues.

In K/BB, Delcarmen has some decent value. For the duration of the season, I slightly lean to Blalock. If healthy, I prefer Blalock, but he is obviously a health risk. It is just that I also am wondering if Beltre is 100% healthy.

I do not believe Branyan will hold the position all year so I will lean to the M Young side. Laffey has more value with K/BB than just K, but is the type that is at risk for losing his role in the rotation as he doesn't strike many out thus will struggle at times.

Young is probably the best hitter of the bunch.

Blalock/Delcarmen offers the highest upside if Blalock stays healthy.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

otto

#3 Post by otto »

I have added my team to my signature, so you can see where my holes are. I definitely need to upgrade SS and 3B. I think I have OF and Pitching to offer. I am currently in 4th place. My rank in the individual categories are:

HR - 6th with 31, 1st has 50
OBP - 9th
Runs - 8th with 131, 1st has 197
RBI - 6th with 147, 1st has 195
SB - 1st with 32

ERA - 4th with 4.40
K/BB - 1st
S - tie for 5th with 6, 1st has 15
W - 1st with 18
Whip - 3rd with 1.37

If any of those 3B are not Lee worthy, who should I target, or should I look for a SS instead?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Others are more likely to give "YES" or "NO" advice.

I'm more apt to throw some things out there to think about and let you do the "YES" or "NO" thing. It may not be the old way we did it, but that was then, this is now :)

That is, I will help in a more global sense, not really specific.

The key is thinking about the thought process I suggest as opposed to me simply saying "get John Smith".

Sorry.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord